1/2 ts. Oregano
2 Ts. Honey
2 Ts. Soy Sauce
1 ts. Crushed Red Pepper
1 ts. Onion Powder
3 Canned Whole & Peeled Tomatoes
4 Ts. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti
1/2 Cup of Water
1. Turn grill on high heat.
2. Combine honey, soy sauce, crushed red pepper, a pinch of salt, and 2 Ts. olive oil.
3. Add turkey cutlets to the mixture thoroughly and set aside.
1. In a medium pot, add 2 Ts. of olive oil, canned tomatoes (use your hand to crush each one as you put them in the pot), onion powder, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
2. Allow tomatoes to cook on high heat for approx. 3 minutes stirring regularly. **do not allow mixture to stick to pot**
1. Add about 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil.
2. Add whole wheat spaghetti. (break the spaghetti in half).
*Tip: use a fork to mix and poke spaghetti to keep it from sticking together.
3. Cover pot, reduce heat, and stir regularly. Boil for 3 minutes.
**before starting this step put turkey cutlets on grill & for 3 minutes**
1. After spaghetti has been cooking for 3 minutes, add spinach.
2. Cover pot and allow spinach to wilt (approx. 1 minute).
3. Mix spaghetti and wilted spinach, cover pot and let cook for 3 minutes or until water is absorbed.
**stir regularly to prevent spaghetti from sticking to bottom**
1. After 3 minutes on one side, flip cutlets and grill for 2 minutes.
*Tip: do not flip cutlets more than once.
*Caramelization of the honey will give the cutlets distinct grill markings*
1. Place spaghetti on plate.
2. Remove cutlets from grill and place on top of mixture.
A simple, delicious, and low fat meal. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5-10 min.
Cook Time: 7-8 min.